If you’re thinking about changing occupations, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Taylor Lake Village, TX. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Taylor Lake Village, TX?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Taylor Lake Village, TX should offer you a chance to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical education in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Taylor Lake Village, TX
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
Our programs are focused and centered on empowering you with the skills you need to enter the expanding and rewarding Health Care Industry. Learn only what you need to gain employment in your particular field, so you can get certified and enter the job market faster.
- Dental Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant-Certificate
- Discover how you could play a part in the growing healthcare industry at Keiser U
- Cover healthcare leadership, marketing, public policy, healthcare finance & more
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Ranked as a top school in the nation by the Military Times Best for Vets Colleges
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get hands-on training with South Texas Vocational Technical Institute. We offer a number of diploma programs in the skilled trades and health and wellness fields at our campuses in Weslaco, Corpus Christi, McAllen, San Antonio, and Brownsville, Texas.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
Quest College is dedicated to providing career-focused, accessible education and helping individuals get the training, experience and support for the Allied Health and business industries.
- Medical Assisting with Phlebotomy and EKG
- Patient Care Technician
Virtually no occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with top grades. Up to 75 per cent of all men and women in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you should have the expertise to understand how to handle people who are afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the experience to relax fearful patients.
As with almost every job, you will be part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team situation will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of work differs tremendously from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be interested in a specific career path, be sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more complex tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Taylor Lake Village, TX listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013