Maybe you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are in search of an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Thayer, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Thayer, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant school in Thayer, MO will provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen profession. It can be one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real life experience enables you to be far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Thayer, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. As many as 75 per cent of all men and women in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you must have the ability to understand how to deal with people who are frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the practical experience to relax worried patients.
As in almost any industry, you are going to be part of an office team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation can help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very diverse field, and the variety of tasks varies significantly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Thayer, MO shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013