If perhaps you’re thinking of switching careers, and are in search of an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in The Woodlands, TX. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively quick certification program, it is possible to change careers quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near The Woodlands, TX?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to try to find a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This will allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assisting program in The Woodlands, TX must offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This offers multiple benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real-world experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in The Woodlands, TX
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Change your life! Ultimate Medical Academy will be here every step of the way.
- UMA is a nonprofit healthcare career school committed to helping you succeed.
- Once you enroll, you’ll receive individualized student services like: Flexible online learning, Academic support, Access to one-on-one and group tutoring.
- UMA’s Online Associate Degree Program offerings is tailored the meet the needs of the healthcare industry.
- Since 1994, UMA has educated thousands of students across the nation at our online and Clearwater, FL campuses.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Dental Assistant, Diploma
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- Computer Accounting Specialist
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel - Heavy Truck
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with good grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you must have the ability to understand how to deal with people who are terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling comfortable enough with the practical experience to soothe nervous patients.
As with just about any job, you are part of an office team. It is important to learn how to communicate with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diverse field, and the nature of the tasks may differ greatly from one office to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are considering a specific career path, make certain that the program you choose offers it, or is prepared to help you obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box at the top of this page and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near The Woodlands, TX listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Dental Assistant Schools in The Woodlands, TX reviewed by Savannah GORDON on April 25.
Thank You for creating such a great site. I was able to get more info about all of the schools in my area and found one that worked for me. I’ve now started my training and can’t wait to become a Dental Assistant.
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013