Maybe you’re considering switching occupations, and are searching for a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Towanda, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively swift certification program, you can change professions fairly quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Towanda, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant program in Towanda, PA should offer an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, rather than just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Finally, possessing real world experience makes you way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Towanda, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with good grades. Up to 75 percent of all men and women in the US suffer from some level of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you need the expertise to be able to deal with individuals who are afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the experience to soothe worried patients.
As in just about any occupation, you will be a part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really diversified field, and the variety of work may differ significantly from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area can be quite different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make certain that the school you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables one to carry out more complex jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Towanda, PA listed and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013