If you’re contemplating changing professions, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Trafford, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you can change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Trafford, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Trafford, PA should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real life experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Trafford, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the ability to know how to manage people who might be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As in nearly every industry, you are a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the nature of the work will vary considerably from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be focused on a specific career path, make sure that the you choose offers it, or is going to help you secure a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Trafford, PA listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013