If you’re contemplating changing professions, and are seeking a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Trafford, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a pretty quick certification program, you can change careers very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Trafford, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting program in Trafford, PA should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, rather than just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real life experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Trafford, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States experience some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you should have the ability to know how to manage people who might be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical knowledge to soothe frightened patients.
As in nearly every industry, you are a part of a team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the nature of the work will vary considerably from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town is quite different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist office in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. Should you be focused on a specific career path, make sure that the you choose offers it, or is going to help you secure a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies you to perform more complex jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Trafford, PA listed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013