If perhaps you’re contemplating switching professions, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Trenton, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you can change professions fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Trenton, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, remember that not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Trenton, MO should offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a few benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It can be one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you substantially more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Trenton, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have completed your training with high grades. As many as 75 per cent of men and women in the US experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you need the expertise to be able to manage individuals who may be scared of tooth and gum treatments, or even of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and being confident enough with the experience to relax worried patients.
As in almost any profession, you will be part of a team. It is essential to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the variety of tasks may differ greatly from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a dental assistant at a major, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the you choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a job in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to carry out more advanced work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Trenton, MO displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013