Maybe you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are in search of a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Troy, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively fast certification program, you could change professions fairly quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Troy, MO?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, remember that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Troy, MO must provide you with a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This presents many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, possessing real life experience enables you to be considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more practical experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Troy, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the current dental procedures and to have finished your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all adults in the United States experience some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you need the expertise to be able to manage individuals who are scared of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being secure enough with the practical experience to relax worried patients.
As with almost every career, you are a part of an office team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the nature of the work differs significantly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a rural area may be very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make certain that the program you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Troy, MO listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013