If you’re considering changing careers, and are looking for an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Trussville, AL. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you could change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Trussville, AL?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to understand the essentials of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Trussville, AL should provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen profession. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience makes you considerably more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Trussville, AL
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Available programs include Health Administrative Services, Human, Social, and Health Services, Medical Billing Administration, and Medical Office Management.
- Professional financial aid advisors work with students individually to find the best financial aid solution.
- All programs are 100% online.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
- Medical Assistant - Associate of Applied Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Hardly any occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with good grades. Approximately 75 percent of all men and women in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you will need the expertise to be able to manage individuals who might be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the experience to soothe frightened patients.
As in almost any career, you are a part of an office team. You need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that helps you to learn in a team environment can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diversified field, and the nature of the work differs tremendously from one office to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental office in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, make sure the you finally choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to do more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Trussville, AL listed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013