If you’re thinking of changing occupations, and are looking for an excellent and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Tullytown, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively quick certification program, you can change occupations in a short time.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Tullytown, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to have knowledge of everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Tullytown, PA will provide you with a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real-world experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Tullytown, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with top grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you will need the skills to understand how to manage individuals who may be afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling confident enough with the practical knowledge to calm frightened patients.
As with nearly every industry, you are going to be a part of a team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team environment will help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully wide ranging field, and the type of tasks can vary greatly from one office to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area is quite different from being part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are interested in a specific career path, make certain that the you choose offers it, or is prepared to enable you to obtain a job in your planned concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex tasks. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some handy information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Tullytown, PA listed and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013