If perhaps you’re thinking about changing professions, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Union City, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty quick certification program, it is possible to change careers fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Union City, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program that provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. However, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assistant school in Union City, PA must offer you a chance to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Finally, having real life experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Union City, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the most recent dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all adults in the US have some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the skills to be able to manage individuals who may be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is with hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical experience to soothe worried patients.
As with almost any profession, you will be part of a team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really extensive field, and the type of work will vary tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being a part of a big, corporate dentist office in a large city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. In case you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the program you finally choose offers it, or is able to enable you to obtain a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced jobs. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some valuable information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Union City, PA listed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013