If perhaps you’re thinking of switching occupations, and are searching for a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Verona, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a comparatively fast certification program, you can change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Verona, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Verona, PA must offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This offers several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical knowledge in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to learn about the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Verona, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of men and women in the United States suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you must have the expertise to know how to handle individuals who might be terrified of tooth and periodontal treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the experience to calm fearful patients.
As with nearly every industry, you are part of an office team. You will need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to learn in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of tasks varies considerably from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dentist office in a big city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is going to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables you to perform more complex jobs. This naturally makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Verona, PA shown and you will be on your way to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013