Maybe you’re considering switching professions, and are searching for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you need to think about Dental Assistant Schools in Wadley, GA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively fast certification program, it is possible to change occupations quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Wadley, GA?
Focus on Science and Theory
You will want to look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the basics of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Wadley, GA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This provides a few benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen career. It is one thing to be familiar with the science of developing x-rays, however it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience makes you far more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wadley, GA
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Keiser University Online
- Offering 100% online programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees at Keiser!
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At Keiser University, you will find a warm, friendly community with faculty and staff truly committed to your success. Our small class sizes, individualized attention, and one-class-at-a-time schedules create a positive learning environment where you can excel. Whether your goal is to prepare for a new career or to advance with your current employer, Keiser University is designed around your needs.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Clinical Assistant
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to their communities.
- Medical Assistant - Associate
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. As many as 75 per cent of adults in the United States experience some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you need the skills to know how to handle patients who are frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and becoming secure enough with the experience to soothe frightened patients.
As in nearly every industry, you are a part of a team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment can help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks may differ tremendously from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area is very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be focused on a specific career path, be sure that the program you select offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a position in your preferred concentration once you complete your training.
Although it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a number of States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some helpful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Wadley, GA displayed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013