If perhaps you’re thinking of changing professions, and are looking for a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, maybe you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Walnutport, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a somewhat quick certification program, it is possible to change professions quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Walnutport, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to mix an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you ought to not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting program in Walnutport, PA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is actually like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This provides many benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical knowledge in your chosen career. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real patient! Finally, possessing real world experience enables you to be way more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Walnutport, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Hardly any job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Approximately 75 percent of men and women in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this line of work, you need the ability to be able to manage people who may be fearful of tooth and gum treatments, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being comfortable enough with the practical experience to calm nervous patients.
As in just about any profession, you will be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program that helps you to work in a team environment will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully extensive field, and the nature of the work differs greatly from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being a part of a major, corporate dental clinic in a large city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the program you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to do more complex tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Walnutport, PA shown and you will be on the path to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013