If perhaps you’re considering switching careers, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Warrenton, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty swift certification program, it is possible to change careers quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Warrenton, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Be sure to try to find a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, it is very important to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the basics of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in Warrenton, MO must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gather some practical experience in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is an entirely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Warrenton, MO
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with high grades. Approximately 75 percent of men and women in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this industry, you must have the ability to understand how to deal with individuals who are frightened of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to learn these skills is through hands-on instructing in the classroom, and becoming comfortable enough with the knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As in nearly every industry, you will be part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to interact with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to learn in a team situation will benefit you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diversified field, and the nature of the tasks varies significantly from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being part of a big, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make sure the you finally choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced tasks. This undoubtedly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Warrenton, MO listed and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013