If perhaps you’re thinking of switching professions, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Weatherly, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically swift certification program, you will be able to change professions very quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Weatherly, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
You will want to search for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to grasp the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, understand that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Weatherly, PA must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This presents several benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, as opposed to something you intend to learn about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical experience in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, yet a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, possessing real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Weatherly, PA
We Are Focused On Your Success!
At Berks Technical Institute (BTI), your success is our priority. We are dedicated to helping you gain the knowledge, skills, and confidence to succeed in a career you love. Our training programs are career-focused and taught by industry-experienced instructors in learning labs that can empower each of our students as they enter the job market.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
The Jolie Academies can give you the skills, professional instruction, and hands-on training and you'll need to launch your career the rewarding cosmetology field.
- Medical Assistant
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Medical Assisting (Hybrid)
Take the fast track to your future at Elmira Business Institute!
Learn how you can get the training you need to begin a rewarding career in a field of high-demand. Complete and submit the form and one of our Admissions Representatives will be in touch soon to tell you more.
- Medical Assisting
Virtually no occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Nearly 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you should have the ability to understand how to handle individuals who might be frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the practical knowledge to relax frightened patients.
As with virtually any profession, you are going to be a part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program which enables you to learn in a team setting will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the nature of the work ranges drastically from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being a part of a major, corporate dentist clinic in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are thinking about a specific career path, be sure that the school you select offers it, or is able to help you secure a job in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam enables you to carry out more advanced jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some valuable information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Weatherly, PA displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013