If perhaps you’re considering changing careers, and are searching for an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Wentzville, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively swift certification program, you will be able to change occupations in a short time.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Wentzville, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you try to find a program which provides a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to be familiar with everything from how to mix a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to understand the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember that not all employers require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assisting school in Wentzville, MO must provide you with an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, through internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a number of advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you want to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real person! Finally, having real life experience makes you way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you want to do. The more experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wentzville, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
Virtually no job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know all about the latest dental procedures and to have finished school with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of all adults in the United States suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this line of work, you should have the ability to know how to manage people who may be frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is with hands-on instruction in the classroom, and becoming confident enough with the knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As with virtually any job, you are part of an office team. You need to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office staff. A training program which enables you to work in a team setting will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks differs greatly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being part of a major, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are interested in a specific career path, make sure that the school you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a position in your preferred concentration after you complete your training.
Although it is unnecessary in many States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more complex jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a prospective employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some helpful information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Wentzville, MO displayed and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013