Maybe you’re contemplating switching careers, and are trying to find a challenging and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded fiscally, perhaps you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Wernersville, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay rates upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively fast certification program, you can change professions fairly quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Wernersville, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Nonetheless, keep in mind that not all employers you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant school in Wernersville, PA will offer a chance to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but it is a completely different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience makes you far more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more practical experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wernersville, PA
- The Fortis Dental Assistant program teaches skills through hands-on experience
- Students will be shown how to work chair-side as dentists examine & treat patients
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis has a dedicated team in place to support US military students
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
Start your future now!
With their convenient location right outside of Reading, PA, and a multitude of courses and programs, Berks Technical Institute provides training that results in Associate in Specialized Technology degrees, Associate in Specialized Business degrees, Certificates of Completion and diplomas in growing fields. Berks Technical Institute makes it easy to find the right career fit for you.
- Dental Assisting - Associate in Specialized Technology
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
A new career is closer than you think!
McCann School of Business & Technology has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Their faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to pursue your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
No occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have finished your training with good grades. As many as 75 per cent of all men and women in the United States encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you need the skills to know how to manage individuals who may be scared of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the practical knowledge to calm frightened patients.
As in almost any occupation, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a wonderfully diverse field, and the type of work can vary tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area could be very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dentist clinic in a large city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison work. If you are focused on a specific career path, make certain that the program you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to secure a job in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced work. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some useful information and are ready to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Wernersville, PA displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013