Maybe you’re contemplating switching careers, and are seeking a challenging and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in Wesleyville, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically quick certification program, you could change professions fairly quickly.
What should you consider when researching Dental Assistant Schools near Wesleyville, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program that offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to know everything from how to create an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should allow you to have an understanding of the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, keep in mind that not all employers require that you attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Wesleyville, PA must provide an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This offers many benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, rather than just something you intend to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical knowledge in your chosen occupation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually help x-ray a real person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is what you wish to do. The more working experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wesleyville, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to know about the latest dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. As many as 75 percent of men and women in the United States have some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this field, you should have the skills to be able to manage people who are afraid of tooth and periodontal treatments, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to master these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the experience to soothe frightened patients.
As with virtually any industry, you will be a part of an office team. It is very important to learn how to communicate with patients, along with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office workers. A training program that enables you to learn in a team setting will help you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the nature of the work can vary drastically from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town may be very different from being an employee of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be thinking about a specific career path, make certain that the program you ultimately choose offers it, or is able to enable you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in many States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it may give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more complex work. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Enter your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Wesleyville, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013