If perhaps you’re contemplating changing professions, and are looking for an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded fiscally, you probably should consider Dental Assistant Schools in West Hazleton, PA. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a comparatively fast certification program, it is possible to change occupations very quickly.
What should you consider when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near West Hazleton, PA?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will have to have knowledge of everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This will allow you to have an understanding of the basics of the job, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited school.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in West Hazleton, PA should offer the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or clinical training. This presents a number of benefits: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, instead of just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical education in your chosen vocation. It can be one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you considerably more valuable to prospective employers. They will know that you are able to handle the work, and that it is really what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in West Hazleton, PA
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
No job is purely technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the modern dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Nearly 75 per cent of men and women in the United States suffer from some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this field, you need the ability to understand how to manage individuals who are frightened of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to master these skills is via hands-on training in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the knowledge to relax nervous patients.
As with almost every career, you are going to be a part of an office team. It is important to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to work in a team setting can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really diverse field, and the type of work differs tremendously from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being an employee of a large, corporate dental office in a big city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you happen to be considering a specific career path, make certain that the program you finally choose offers it, or is going to enable you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam enables one to perform more advanced jobs. This obviously makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near West Hazleton, PA shown and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013