If perhaps you’re contemplating switching professions, and are seeking an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded monetarily, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in West Homestead, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels exceeding $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a pretty swift certification program, you could change professions quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near West Homestead, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program that offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are generally skills that you should not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certificate program. This will enable you to grasp the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. However, understand that not all employers you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assistant program in West Homestead, PA should offer you an opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or clinical training. This offers many advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you really want to do, and not just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, having real-world experience enables you to be much more valuable to employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it really is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in West Homestead, PA
- Apply At Fortis College Today! Explore the Career Programs.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
At YTI Career Institute, we are your beacon—brightening your future outlook and lighting your path to a rewarding career. As a YTI student, you’ll enjoy five advantages:
1. Industry-modeled training in Trades and Technical, Computers, Business, Medical, Culinary Arts or Criminal Justice.
2. Accelerated programs you can complete in as few as 9 months.
3. Energized, student-centered faculty who provide personalized instruction.
4. Financial Aid assistance for those who qualify.
5. Career Services assistance through your Career Services Specialist.
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
Hardly any occupation is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with perfect grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the US suffer from some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you must have the expertise to be able to manage patients who are afraid of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe even of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on teaching in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the practical experience to soothe nervous patients.
As with almost any career, you will be part of a team. You will need to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office staff. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment will help you immensely in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really wide ranging field, and the variety of work varies significantly from one location to another. Working for a small , family-run office in a rural area is very different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental clinic in a major city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make sure the school you choose offers it, or is able to assist you to obtain a job in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more complex work. This certainly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near West Homestead, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013