Maybe you’re contemplating switching careers, and are looking for a fantastic and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, perhaps you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Willard, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics expects a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant pay levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a typically swift certification program, you will be able to change professions quickly.
What should you lookout for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Willard, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure that you look for a program which provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will want to know everything from how to make an appropriate cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills you should not learn on the job! You should look for an accredited institution with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the job, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, remember not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A top dental assistant school in Willard, MO should offer you the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, via internships, externships or practical training. This presents a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you want to understand more about. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, yet a completely different thing to actually x-ray a real patient! Finally, having real world experience makes you much more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Willard, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
MPH@UNC is the online Master of Public Health (MPH) program from the University of North Carolina’s Gillings School of Global Public Health, which is ranked the No. 1 public school of public health and No. 2 school of public health on U.S. News’ list, most recently published in 2015. The program offers a Leadership in Practice concentration and can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores are required.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
Located just steps from the U.S. Capital, the George Washington University is uniquely positioned at the core of U.S. government, policy and law. GW students and faculty benefit from an unparalleled opportunity to study and work alongside leaders in every discipline. Whether on campus or online, you too can take part in the interchanges that shape our community and the world.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to learn about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Up to 75 percent of adults in the US have some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this profession, you should have the ability to understand how to handle people who are terrified of tooth and gum treatments, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is through hands-on teaching in the classroom, and getting secure enough with the knowledge to soothe nervous patients.
As with virtually any vocation, you will be a part of a team. You need to learn how to work with patients, as well as dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that helps you to learn in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the nature of the tasks varies significantly from one office to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town could be very different from being a part of a large, corporate dentist clinic in a major city. There are also a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. If you are thinking about a specific career path, make sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a position in your preferred concentration after you graduate.
Although it is unnecessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it just might provide you with an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more advanced work. This obviously makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some useful information and are prepared to embark on a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Willard, MO displayed and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013