If perhaps you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Willow Springs, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively fast certification program, you can change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Willow Springs, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to understand the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Willow Springs, MO will offer the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Willow Springs, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Do you have entrepreneurial visions to advance your career in the business world? Learn about the options available at GCU.
- Earn a competitive bachelor's or master's degree in the areas of business administration, business analytics, accounting, marketing and more.
- Many of our business degrees have attained elite accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP).
- GCU nurtures the startup spirit, propelling your entrepreneurial visions on a powerful platform with opportunities to help you thrive.
- Pursue a next-generation education with an online program or join Grand Canyon University's vibrant and growing campus community in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona.
- Online bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, IT, Healthcare Management, Pscyhology & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of adults in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the expertise to be able to deal with people who might be afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical experience to soothe nervous patients.
As with just about any vocation, you are going to be part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the nature of the work can vary drastically from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Willow Springs, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013