If perhaps you’re thinking about switching occupations, and are seeking an excellent and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should think about Dental Assistant Schools in Willow Springs, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent increase in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels upwards of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a relatively fast certification program, you can change occupations quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Willow Springs, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you look for a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you will need to have knowledge of everything from how to create a proper cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited college with a dental assistant certification program. This will enable you to understand the essentials of the occupation, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Nevertheless, bear in mind that not all employers will require you to attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting school in Willow Springs, MO will offer the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides a few advantages: First, you’ll be able to make sure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, however it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real life experience enables you to be substantially more valuable to potential employers. They will know that you are able to handle the tasks, and that it is really what you want to do. The more experience you possess as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Willow Springs, MO
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do.
- That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL.
- We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training.
- So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed your training with perfect grades. Approximately 75 per cent of adults in the United States are affected by some level of dental fear or phobia. To be successful in this profession, you must have the expertise to be able to deal with people who might be afraid of tooth and gum procedures, or perhaps of the dentist’s office itself. The best method to learn these skills is via hands-on instructing in the classroom, and getting confident enough with the practical experience to soothe nervous patients.
As with just about any vocation, you are going to be part of a team. You will need to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program that enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a really extensive field, and the nature of the work can vary drastically from one location to another. Being part of a small , family-run office in a small town is very different from being a dental assistant at a large, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are a number of different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. In case you are interested in a specific career path, be sure that the you ultimately choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to secure a position in your planned concentration after you complete your training.
Even though it is not necessary in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question exam administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more complex jobs. This certainly makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that lists the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some helpful information and are prepared to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Willow Springs, MO displayed and you will be on your way to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013