If perhaps you’re thinking of switching careers, and are looking for a fascinating and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, you probably should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Wolfeboro, NH. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant positions over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary levels in excess of $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a typically fast certification program, you could change careers fairly quickly.
What should you look for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Wolfeboro, NH?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure to try to find a program that provides a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to create a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are skills that you ought to not figure out on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to understand the essentials of the industry, while preparing you to learn on-site job skills. Nonetheless, remember not all employers require you to attend an accredited institution.
Real-World Dental Assistant Training
A good dental assisting program in Wolfeboro, NH should provide a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This offers many benefits: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, instead of just something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll gain some practical experience in your chosen vocation. It is one thing to understand the science of developing x-rays, but a totally different thing to actually help x-ray an actual person! Thirdly, possessing real world experience makes you far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it is truly what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to get a job.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Wolfeboro, NH
- Professional Medical Assistant
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learnin Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org
- There's still time to apply to Grand Canyon University and pursue your education. Learn more today!
- Study on your schedule - GCU offers many programs 100% online to fit your busy lifestyle.
- GCU offers a variety of opportunities to reduce the cost of furthering your education. Campus students may qualify for scholarships, while online students can take part in limited special offers.
- A regionally accredited university, GCU also holds specialized accreditations and approvals for some of our core program offerings.
- Degrees in business, education, nursing, humanities and social sciences, theology and more. Find the degree that fits you.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- Earn your Bachelor of Science of Healthcare Management degree online
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- Program focuses on the business, management, and healthcare skills necessary for healthcare organizations to run smoothly
- Courses include Principles of Management, Healthcare Delivery and Organization, and Healthcare Finance
- We're now Non-Profit.
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
Hardly any job is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the current dental procedures and to have finished school with good grades. Up to 75 per cent of all adults in the US encounter some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you will need the skills to understand how to handle individuals who are frightened of tooth and gum procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is with hands-on teaching in the classroom, and being confident enough with the practical experience to relax nervous patients.
As in almost any occupation, you will be a part of an office team. It is essential to learn how to communicate with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , techs, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to learn in a team environment will benefit you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assisting is a very wide ranging field, and the variety of tasks differs tremendously from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a remote area may be very different from being part of a big, corporate dental clinic in a big city. There are also many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison clinics. Should you be interested in a specific career path, make sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is going to assist you to secure a position in your planned concentration once you graduate.
Even though it is not required in numerous States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might give you an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question examination administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In a few States, passing this exam qualifies you to do more advanced jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a possible employer. Regulations will vary from State to State so we have created a page that provides the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve learned some handy information and are ready to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant schools near Wolfeboro, NH shown and you will be on your way to a tremendous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013