If perhaps you’re thinking of switching careers, and are searching for an exciting and fast-growing job with opportunities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you need to consider Dental Assistant Schools in Woodson Terrace, MO. The U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the 10 year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced professionals. With a rather swift certification program, you can change occupations very quickly.
What should you lookout for when selecting Dental Assistant Schools near Woodson Terrace, MO?
Focus on Science and Theory
Make sure you try to find a program which offers a solid foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to mix a suitable cast for teeth or mix amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills that you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited school with a dental assistant certificate program. This should enable you to grasp the fundamentals of the occupation, while preparing you to understand on-site job skills. Having said that, understand that not all employers require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A good dental assisting school in Woodson Terrace, MO will offer you a chance to experience what the work is actually like, through internships, externships or laboratory training. This provides many advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly desire to do, as opposed to something you intend to study. Secondly, you’ll obtain some practical education in your chosen career. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but it is a totally different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Thirdly, possessing real-world experience enables you to be way more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the work, and that it is what you want to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to find work.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Woodson Terrace, MO
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- A.A.S. Emergency Medical Services
- Emergency Medical Services B.S.
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
Regis is a leading Catholic university in greater Boston with undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students in the arts, sciences and health professions devoted to engage, serve and advance in a global community. Founded in 1927, and as a leader in education, Regis is dedicated to offering programs with a holistic view of health care that are designed for the future of the field.
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
No occupation is strictly technical, and dental assisting is no exception. It’s not enough to have knowledge of all about the current dental procedures and to have completed school with top grades. As many as 75 percent of all adults in the United States are affected by some amount of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you should have the ability to know how to handle people who may be terrified of tooth and gum procedures, as well as of the dentist’s office itself. The most effective way to master these skills is through hands-on training in the classroom, and being confident enough with the experience to relax frightened patients.
As with virtually any profession, you are a part of a team. It is important to learn how to interact with patients, as well as with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team environment will benefit you tremendously in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a wonderfully extensive field, and the type of tasks will vary considerably from one location to another. Being employed in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being an employee of a big, corporate dentist office in a major city. In addition there are many different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are considering a specific career path, make certain that the school you finally choose offers it, or is able to assist you to secure a position in your desired concentration once you complete your training.
Even though it is unnecessary in most States to pass the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it might provide you with an edge on the competition. The CDA is a 300-question test given by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to carry out more complex work. This naturally makes you more valuable to a would-be employer. Regulations vary from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve found some useful information and are prepared to pursue a new career as a Dental Assistant. Insert your zip code in the search field below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Woodson Terrace, MO shown and you will be on the path to a prosperous future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013