Maybe you’re contemplating changing occupations, and are trying to find an exciting and fast-growing job with possibilities to be well-rewarded financially, maybe you should look into Dental Assistant Schools in Yardley, PA. The United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 31-percent rise in Dental Assistant jobs over the ten year period 2010-2020, with Dental Assistant salary rates over $16/hour on average and over $20/hour for experienced individuals. With a relatively quick certification program, it is possible to change professions very quickly.
What should you look for when evaluating Dental Assistant Schools near Yardley, PA?
Concentration on Science and Theory
Make sure you search for a program which offers a strong foundation of dental science. As an assistant, you need to know everything from how to make a suitable cast for teeth or mix up amalgam filling for cavities, to taking and developing x-rays. These are typically skills you should not be taught on the job! You should look for an accredited program with a dental assistant certification program. This should enable you to have an understanding of the basics of the industry, while preparing you to be taught on-site job skills. Having said that, bear in mind that not all employers will require that you attend an accredited program.
Real-World Dental Assistant Experience
A top dental assistant program in Yardley, PA will provide you with the opportunity to experience what the work is really like, by way of internships, externships or practical training. This offers multiple advantages: First, you’ll ensure that dental assisting is something you truly want to do, and not just something you want to learn about. Secondly, you’ll get some practical experience in your chosen profession. It is one thing to know the science of developing x-rays, but an entirely different thing to actually x-ray an actual patient! Finally, having real world experience enables you to be far more valuable to possible employers. They will know that you can handle the tasks, and that it really is what you wish to do. The more working experience you have as a Dental Assistant, the more likely you are to obtain employment.
Recommended Dental Assistant Schools in Yardley, PA
- Ready to Start Your Career? Get More Info From Fortis Today.
- Dental Assistant Program
- Dental Assisting
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Medical Assisting
- Health Information Management
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Assistant
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
Start your future now!
McCann School of Business & Technology (McCann) has a history of helping students succeed through hands-on education and career training. Our faculty and staff work to ensure that when you’ve completed your program, you’re truly ready to begin your career.
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Specialized Business
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Earn your Master of Public Health Online from GW in 12 months.
- GRE waivers available for qualified applicants.
- Advance your career in a range of industries, including epidemiology, public health and biostatistics.
- Recognized as a Top 20 Best Online Bachelor’s Program by U.S. News & World Report in 2016.
- Online, campus-based, and evening courses offered in 95 areas of study, including Business, Nursing, Psychology, & more.
- Endorsed by G.I. Jobs and Military Advanced Education magazine as a Military Friendly School in 2015.
- Features small class sizes, with a student-to-faculty ratio of 23 to 1.
- 88% of Regent University students receive financial aid, with $18 million awarded in institutional scholarships & aid each year.
- Impact your world with a degree from Walden. Start today!
- Walden degree and certificate programs are designed for working professionals. Click for more information.
- Receive personal attention from advisors in enrollment, financial aid, academics, and other support services to make the most of your online program.
- Study worry-free knowing you have 24/7 access to Walden technical support.
- Convenient start dates throughout the year
Virtually no job is purely technical, and dental assisting is not an exception. It’s not enough to understand all about the most recent dental procedures and to have completed school with high grades. Nearly 75 percent of all men and women in the United States encounter some degree of dental fear or phobia. To work in this industry, you need the ability to be able to manage people who might be fearful of tooth and periodontal procedures, or maybe of the dentist’s office itself. The best way to learn these skills is via hands-on instruction in the classroom, and feeling secure enough with the knowledge to calm fearful patients.
As with virtually any vocation, you are part of a team. It is very important to learn how to work with patients, and with dentists, hygienists , technicians, and other office personnel. A training program which enables you to work in a team situation can help you greatly in your professional career.
Specialization in Dental Assisting
Dental Assistance is a very diversified field, and the type of work can vary greatly from one location to another. Working in a small , family-run office in a small town can be quite different from being a dental assistant at a big, corporate dental office in a big city. There are also several different specializations in the field, from pediatric oral care to prison jobs. If you are considering a specific career path, make sure that the you finally choose offers it, or is prepared to assist you to obtain a job in your preferred concentration once you graduate.
Although it is not necessary in most States to take the Certified Dental Assistant exam, it could give you an advantage over the competition. The CDA is a 300-question assessment administered by the Dental Assisting National Board. In some States, passing this exam qualifies one to do more complex jobs. This clearly makes you more valuable to a potential employer. Regulations differ from State to State so we have created a page that details the State by State Dental Assistant requirements.
Hopefully you’ve obtained some valuable information and are ready to dive into a new career as a Dental Assistant. Type your zip code in the search box below and request some information from one or more of the Dental Assistant programs near Yardley, PA shown and you will be on the path to a great future!
Latest posts by Warner Braverton (see all)
- Dental Assistant Schools in Houston MO – Find Dental Hygienist Programs - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Unionville MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013
- Dental Assistant Schools in Elsberry MO – Find Dental Hygienist Schools - October 22, 2013